COVID-19 Foodservice Safety Precautions for Residential Communities
During the COVID-19 pandemic, Glendale Dining Services quickly pivoted to address the health and food safety challenges of each of our senior living, residential care, and residential special school community clients.
Our team follows the national Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) COVID-19 foodservice safety guidelines, as well as our clients’ state and local regulations.
We work directly with the leadership of each type of residential community we serve to tailor our dining programs to successfully implement each client’s unique policies and COVID-19 dining safety procedures.
Glendale Dining Services Employees Follow Rigorous COVID-19 Food Safety Measures
Our team members follow these rigorous foodservice best practices regarding COVID-19:
- All employees complete a daily COVID-19 attestation
- A daily temperature log is maintained for all staff members
- Mandatory Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) includes:
- Face masks
- Single-use gloves
- Safety glasses
- Hair restraints (caps, hats, hair nets, beard restraints)
- Additional cleaning and disinfection procedures (for high touchpoint areas, etc.)
- Communities with bistros or self-service micro markets feature pre-packaged fresh food made daily and barcoded for safe, contactless payment
Examples of Additional COVID-19 Health & Safety Protocols in Residential Communities
In addition to Glendale’s rigorous food safety measures, many clients have adopted more stringent protocols than their states require. Examples include:
- Size limits for resident gatherings
- Frequency limits for resident congregation
- Isolation / quarantine protocols for residents with COVID-19
Residential Contract Dining Service Safety Protocols During the COVID-19 Pandemic
COVID-19 dining safety protocols are site-specific, based on each community’s population and policies.
Below are some key examples of how Glendale Dining Services has adapted our residential contract dining service operations to maximize everyone’s safety during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- During a COVID outbreak, dining room service transitions to room-delivery meal service
- Bistros in some communities have temporarily converted to convenient grab-and-go service
- In some communities, staff members package food in front of the guest, for contactless take out